Vistara Takes To The Sky

Posted · 6 Comments


Air Vistara


Air Vistara, the joint venture between Singapore Airlines Ltd and Tata Sons Ltd. received the permission to fly from the aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). The airline that was announced in 2013 has managed to get the Air Operator Permit (AOP) and will begin its operations next year. This joint venture finds Tata Sons Ltd as its majority stake holder in the form of 51% whereas the remaining 49% is shared by Singapore Airlines.

In an interaction with the media, the airline stated, “The AOP is a significant milestone as it is the final step in a highly technical and complex compliance process.”

Tata-Singapore Airlines venture

Photo Courtsey :

After the state-run Jet Airways and Air India, Air Vistara is going to be the third in the line of full service air carrier. With its headquarters in New Delhi, Tata Sons-Singapore Airlines aim to offer world class hospitality and finest of services to all its passengers. Tata is a reputed brand based in India with its wings spread all across the globe whereas Singapore Airlines has been in the aviation sector since long and has also made a mark for itself in the industry. Tata also has ties with another low cost Malaysian airline, Air Asia seems to be taking quite big steps in this sector.

To Know More about  Air Vistara flight booking

The initial investment into airlines includes over Rs. 600 crores or $100 million coming from both the partners i.e. Tata Sons Ltd and Singapore Airlines Ltd. It is estimated that the airline will have 87 flights operating weekly in the first year which will then be escalated to about 301 flights by its fourth year. As per its four year plan, the airline seems to be quite promising for the aviation market.

Tata Sons-Singapore Airlines aim to offer

Photo Courtsey :

It currently has two leased Airbuses in the form of A-320 which will later on increase to five by its second year in the industry. The bookings for this airline will begin in a day or two. It is going to connect all major destinations of India including New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Goa, Jammu, Srinagar, Goa and Patna.

6 Responses to "Vistara Takes To The Sky"
  1. traveling clickbank says:

    Superb site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!|

  2. Cleta says:

    Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a ffew months of hard work due to no data backup.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

  3. unit x cocksling says:

    Hiya very cool site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful ..

    I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?

    I am happy to search out so many useful info here in the submit, we want develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

  4. Edna says:

    For hottest news you have to visit world wide web and on world-wide-web I found
    this site as a finest site for most up-to-date updates.

  5. Elina ponting says:

    Great and a very useful blog for me. Keep sharing.

  6. Santanu says:

    Low cost Airline sector is a very attractive segment for business. but its very tough to survive i believe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>